On July 24 in San Diego, the first ever Comic-Con geek couture fashion show took place. Fandom fashion retailer Her Universe called upon the galaxy’s most stylish designers, both professional and amateur, to present their original, handmade creations on the runway.
What we saw was not cosplay. Oh no, these gowns could have belonged on the pages of Vogue or at New York Fashion Week. As one of the designers put it: for those who aren’t geeks, the clothing would just seem cute and unique, but for those who are geeks and can recognise the reference, the garment has a special twist.
Above are some of my personal favourite creations, though visit the link above for images of all contestants who participated.
1. Loki from Thor
2. The Architects of Time from Doctor Who
3. Wolverine from X-Men
4. Effie Trinket from The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
5. The Hobbit Wedding Dress (it had a little pull to reveal a Hobbit-esque trouser underneath!)
6. The Fourth Doctor from Doctor Who
7. Dalek Weddings Dress from Doctor Who
8. Regina Mills/Evil Queen from Once Upon a Time (the full gown emerged from underneath the winter coat - understandably a crowd favourite!)
9. Thrace from Battlestar Galactica
10. Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
listen when guys layer shirts like this
that’s actually all it takes once that happens i don’t even need to hear him speak i don’t care what kind of music he likes or how he feels about obama or how many potential stds he has just give me that shirt on a guy and the next scene in our lives will be a wedding i am the definition of easy i just need some layered fabrics
I did this once and it was the only time a girl ever complimented me on my outfit
the Choi booty in Tazza 2 ಥ‿ಥ
That hit was all gangsta, though.
that one person who reblogs everything from you but you have no idea who they are
g-dragon is hella rich like he doesn’t need all that money how about u pay for my university fees and my rent instead
"Puns are safe jokes. No one gets hurt by puns."
-tells a pun to a loved one and gets hit because it was terrible-
"I WAS WRONG. I WAS SO HORRIBLY WRONG!"
I guess you could say you were punished.
I don’t know how this could happun.
I will punch you all.
Getting a plate
Page 1 of 2507